Private and semi-private lessons open to children and adults: piano (classical and jazz), guitar (acoustic and electric), drums & percussion, voice (opera, musicals and pop), violin, viola, cello, bass, flute, clarinet, saxophone, digital composition/recording, and theory/composition.
Group lessons: Beginner's keyboard (ages 5-6), Music Discovery (ages 5-11), Strings Ensembles/Orchestra (ages 5-18), Rock Band (2 years of experience on the instrument), Broadway/Musical Theater (grades K4-1, 2-4 & 5-12 ), Solfege/Theory (age 7 & above) and Foundation of Music.
The Music Program, Honor Roll, Master CLasses, Competitions and Evalutions are offered to students at various levels.
Recitals are held a minimum of two times per year at the end of each semester for all level students, beginner through advanced. Some instrumentalists and all vocalists will require an accompanist, unless otherwise noted by the teacher. Rehearsals and accompaniment fees will vary, depending on the student level and selection. Students placed in specific programs will participate in additional performance opportunities.
MCM is open most of the year except for the holidays listed below and does NOT CLOSE on Teacher’s Planning Days.
There will be no charge for lessons that fall on the holidays mentioned below and the days MCM closes during the winter, spring or summer. The current holidays observed are:
• Labor Day (Monday, September 07)
• Thanksgiving (Thursday, November 26 through Sunday 29)
• Christmas Holidays (Monday, December 21 through Sunday, January 03).
• Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Monday, January 18)
• All Presidents' Day (Monday, February 15)
• Spring Break (Monday, March 21 through Sunday, March 27)
• Memorial Day (Monday, May 30)
• Summer Holiday (Friday, July 01 through Sunday 17)
If you observe holidays not listed above, be sure to make arrangements as far in advance as possible.
• One prepared binder containing assignment sheets and staff paper among other information is given for free to each students. However, replacement binder will be charged at $5.00 each.
• MCM does not sell any books or materials. We can gladly provide you a list of vendors in the area as well as online stores.
INTERVIEW / FIRST LESSON
• Please set up an apointment with a teacher for the desired instrument. If multiple teachers are available, we will offer recommendations based on availability and schedule compatibility. All teachers are well qualified, with degrees in their field of music or significant professional experience.
• The duration of the interview/first lesson is 15 to 20 minutes.
• The fee is $10 and waived if the student registers at MCM.
• Please fill out and sign the MCM application.
• There is a non-refundable annual registration fee of $30 per student ($60 for families of 2 or more).
• Payment of the monthly tuition (or remaining classes for the month) or group session is required.
• Photographs and videos taken of students at MCM may be used for publication and marketing, unless denied on the policy form to be signed and submitted during registration.
• MCM has an open admission policy of non-discrimination on the basis of race, religion, ethnic origin, or sex in all of its programs and employment.
• Private and Semi-Private lessons: tuition is calculated on a monthly basis and pre-paid in full every month.
• Group sessions and camps are paid in full before the first day. No refunds.
• Payments by check, cash or credit card (online or at MCM) are due the last week of the month on the day of the lesson for the upcoming month.
• Automatic payments are processed a week before the charged month.
• Payments received after the 7th of the month will be considered late and will incur a $30 late payment fee.
• Two week notice is required to terminate lessons.
• Except for accounts enrolled in automatic payments, a deposit of $100 is required at the time of registration.
• Returned check fee is $15.
• Outstanding accounts balances will be transferred to a Credit Bureau.
• No refunds. No credits from month to month. Only make-ups.
• For private lessons, students can begin at any time throughout the year due to ongoing registration.
• At registration, a permanent schedule is reserved on weekly basis.
• Request to reschedule a lesson must be made 24 hours in advance. Written notice is preferred.
• A substitute may be provided when a teacher is absent or a make-up class is proposed.
• Students who are late for a lesson cannot be guaranteed their full lesson time. Faculty will wait 10 minutes for a student.
• Faculty tardiness will be made up at a mutually convenient time.
• Lessons will be suspended after 2 weeks of non-payment and dropped from the schedule by the 3rd week.
CANCELLATIONS / TERMINATION
• 24 hour cancellation notice is required to receive a make-up lesson. Written notice is preferred.
• No credits from month to month. No refunds.
• Same day cancellations will be charged in full as well as missed lessons and no shows.
• If the teacher has to cancel the lesson, we will do our best to first provide you with a substitute teacher or ask to reschedule the class.
• If you observe holidays that are not listed above, be sure to make arrangements as far in advance as possible. Please note that MCM stays OPEN during TEACHER PLANNING DAYS.
• Two weeks written notice is requred to terminate lessons.
• Three repeated unexcused absences result in student being taken off the schedule and lessons being charged. The student will have to reschedule and re-enroll into the program. In this case, time and day cannot be guaranteed.
• 5% discount applies for multiple enrollments (family of 2 or more) for monthly payments.
• 24 hour cancellation notice is required to receive a make-up lesson. Written notification is preferred.
• A make-up is a pending lesson to be taken in replacement of the missed class on any day including Teacher Planning Days.
• All make-ups must be taken within 3 months of the original cancellation and/or before the second week of June. Make-ups not taken past this date will be forfeited.
• No credits or refunds will be offered for make-ups not taken within the 3-month period.
• 24 hour notice is required to reschedule a make-up but still must be taken with 3 months of the original cancelled lesson.
• Even though MCM will do its best to accommodate make ups with our own teachers, it will not always be possible.
• It is the student responsibility to follow up with make-up classes and keep track of their expiration.
• No make-ups will be transferred from one academic year to the other.
OTHER PAYMENT OPTIONS
Flexible Schedule | Packages of 3 - 5 lessons
Students of all ages who want to receive classes in a short term either to explore or prepare for auditions should consider this option. It offers scheduling and payment flexibility as well as no long term commitment or recurrent reservations. Just choose your package, pay for your lessons and schedule them one by one or all at once.
• Register online or at MCM.
• All lessons are pre-paid.
• No permanent schedule reserved.
• Schedule 48 hours in advance or more for one class or all of them.
• 24 hour cancellation policy to make up a lesson (Cancellation and Make-Up Policies are described above).
• Packages expire after 6 months of purchase.
• No refunds.
• Register online or at MCM.
• Group sessions are paid in full before the first class.
• Rates vary based on session. Please check our website ("2015 Group Lessons") for more details.
• No refunds. No credits. No make-ups.