The Florida Federation of Music Clubs, Inc. (FFMC) is affiliated with the National Federation of Music Clubs and is dedicated to the purpose of furthering music education and fostering a musical environment in our communities through the sponsorship of musical events and by providing performing opportunities for our talented and deserving young people.
FFMC is divided into seven separate districts, each with their own officers and festival sites. Miami Conservatory of Music is a member of FFMC and in charge this year of the Royal Poinciana South district which includes Broward and Miami Dade Counties. It is an opportunity to perform and receive an evaluation. Judges are professional musicians (teachers and performers).
Students from the conservatory will be evaluated by outside judges.
The 2014 ROYAL POINCIANA SOUTH JUNIOR FESTIVAL will take place at the Miami Conservatory of Music located in the heart of Coconut Grove (see location).
Saturday & Sunday, 01 & 02
Saturday & Sunday, 08 & 09
Miami Conservatory of Music Hall
The evaluation day is assigned a month or so before the event and will not be subject to change.
• Junior entrants must be under 19 years of age as of July 1 of the Festival year.
• Students can enter different categories (solo event, duet event, concerto event or chamber of music event).
• A state certificate signed by the state president and state or area chairman, showing the rating received, is awarded to all participants.
• Students who receive Superior ratings have the choice to compete at the state level in Jacksonville, FL, beginning of May 2014.
• Entrants in piano, vocal, and string events who receive a Superior rating must progress to a higher class the next year.
• Published scores (original music) of the required and choice compositions must be provided for the judges. Duets/duos require 2 sets of original music.
• All solo and concerto events are performed from memory.
• If accompaniment is indicated in the score, entrants must provide their own accompanists.
• No video, photography and/or audio recording will be allowed in audition rooms during any performances.
The conservatory will keep you updated with your application, the required and choice compositions for your child and the rules. A special conference will be organized at the conservatory on a Saturday afternoon in January for all parents and students applying for the first time to Federation this year.